The Endless Journey

The Endless Journey

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Glad to have you as a friend!

When I was a young and innocent toddler,
At the mere age of four or five,
I used to dream,
That one day,
I will at least have someone or somebody,
to stick by my side,
whenever i feel down,
or at least someone to be,
always there for me,
to cheer me up,
or to support me,
in whatever things i do.


It may be a fairytale love written in bedtime's stories,
or it may be a love at first sight,
where you know that he is the one,
that will be your soulmate.


Everyone wants a long-lasting love,
where he will love you,
forever and ever,
till death do us apart.


Nevertheless,
It was only my childhood fantasy,
one that i used to dream of,
eventhough it was merely hoping against hope,
but i have always hold on to that one particular dream,
Hoping and hoping that it will come true.


But,
as i stepped in the world of teenagers,
i begin to realise,
that it was only just a dream,
a dream that may or may not come true,
as reality dawned upon me,
i begin to lose hope of fairytales' fantasies.

Then,
you all came into my lives,
Making my dull and dreadful life,
better than the best.

My days were light up,
with smile and laughter,
a game we used to play,
called truth or tooth.

You stick by my side,
during my ups and downs,
cheering me up with lame jokes,
or advising me in whatever mistakes I do.

I couldnt expressed,
the feeling of gratefulness I felt,
in words,
It is all carved on the wall of my heart.

Who need a prince charming in their lives?
Who need a lover or a man by their side?
Who need a fairytale love?

As long as we have each other,
to depend on,
it will all be ok.

As long as we passed through,
all our obstacles together,
The special bond,
between us,
will be stronger and stronger,
as days and days pass by.

A friend like you,
is one in a million,
a rare species,
that should be treasured,
for eternity.

I am glad that you are all present in my life,
we may not always be on the same page,
but at least,
you are all always there for me.

Thats all i could ever asked for.

(P.S: Our group is having a huge obstacle..hope it wont last forever.)

1 comment:

Ashwathi Nambiar said...

hope you guys stick together always.
all my best wishes,
ash :)